Hi, I’m Rob Bialostocki (pronounced ‘bee-yah-lo-stocky’) and I live in Auckland, New Zealand which is a beautiful city with harbours, forests and beaches. I write, speak and mentor people on living ALTM and train and coach people in corporate organisations as well.
I have three adult children and, so far, one very cute granddaughter. There’s also a dog in my life and his name’s Django (no connection at all to either the movie or the guitar player).
Tertiary qualified in science, teaching, and organisational development, my career has included:
- Professional radio broadcaster for about 10 years
- Organisational training and learning consultant for about 8 years
- Working for myself as a corporate facilitator and coach for about 10 years.
I’ve always been interested in living life to the full and making sure it was enjoyable, productive and filled with stories and adventures.
I count the following among my best moments in life so far (both enjoyable and challenging):
- The birth of each of my children
- The birth of my grandchild in 2015
- Travelling to places around the world like the northern highlands of India
- Being married for 29 years (unfortunately, now divorced)
- Tramping up to the top of snowy mountains in New Zealand’s South Island
- Speaking at a conference in Kota Kinabalu, Borneo
- Spending a week in Kyoto, Japan with my son Matthew
- Living in a slum in Manila, the Philippines, for 2 weeks (and getting dengue fever!)
- A fly-fishing expedition with my daughter Sophie at rivers in the central north island of New Zealand
- Seeing my other daughter, Sara, thrive while working onboard cruise ships in the Baltic Sea, Alaska and the Caribbean
- Meeting my birth mother when I was 35 years old
- MCing the main stage of a major outdoor music festival in New Zealand (a few times)
- Going to Italy and seeing Rome, Florence, Venice and the island of Capri with Tess.
The specific idea of living a life that matters has been percolating for the past 5 years.
At this stage, I’m planning to write a book, make some mini-movies, conduct retreats, speak, and inspire others with the message and it’s possibilities.
Here’s to the future!
Subscribe to Get My Updates
If you’d like to follow along and stay in touch, I’d be honoured. Please subscribe below or check back on this site from time to time.